Shattered Pieces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Pieces

An AU/Distant Future Naruto RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Catching Fireflies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kumogakure
Morote Semoki
Morote Semoki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05 2010, 11:48

Dangerous or not, the meadow had been the location of note when the hand-made, hand-delivered, sealed and ribbon-decorated invitations had gone out to two seperate homes. An unnecessary gesture perhaps, for something that would have been all business and not anything like the Kunoichi Class that the woman had taught prior. But that wasn't to say that their normal shinobi duties couldn't be performed with a little more grace and class. It was a strikingly calm day in Kumogakure, darkness covering all but not for any storm clouds overhead. Just a moon and stars and a woman with long teal hair and eyes - standing in the middle of a field of vegetation that climbed up toward her hips. Waiting, waiting. Then again, it wasn't like the woman was all that tall to begin with. She reached out her arms to let both hands glide over the tops of the tall grass, mentally counting down the minutes to go.

Last edited by Morote Semoki on Mon Jun 07 2010, 00:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Masakatsu Hayaki
Masakatsu Hayaki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05 2010, 18:26

"I haven't been out this late in a long time," Hayaki murmured in Rin's direction. He ran a gloved hand along his long sleeve, looking carefully around them. The meadows weren't far ahead. Hopefully it wouldn't take them too long to find their sensei - he hadn't been home at the time that the invitation had come to his house, so the only details he had were from his parents. He peered up at the open sky when they broke the trees. His bright blue eyes picked up the teal hue right away.

He slowed down. His quickness betrayed his confidence but his decreasing speed betrayed simple caution. If Rin went ahead, he would go with her of course. "Sensei?" he called over the distance. Even at his pace he would reach her in no more than a handful of seconds.
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Asukai Rin
Asukai Rin

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2010, 02:26

"Me neither... I'm surprised our new sensei is having the meeting at night." The other two they'd had had done their meetings in the morning, after all. Not that Rin was complaining - just curious about the change. Although, she couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to this teacher. They'd lost their first two, after all, and even a team-mate. Was it 'bad luck comes in threes' or 'third time's a charm'? And does Ari-chan count? The girl wanted to be hopeful about her new teacher, but the thoughts of her disappearing like all the others wouldn't go away. Also, are we getting a new team-mate?

The grass was really long here, and so she had to put a little bit more effort into walking than her partner. She was also less cautious than he was. When Rin saw the woman who was evidently their teacher, she maintained the pace and continued towards her. She'd expected a girly-girl like Misamai from the letter, but appearance-wise she looked more like Sayuri. Hopefully it'd be the same with her teaching method and personality. "I hope we aren't late!" She said as she stopped in front of her. "Well, guess we can't be, if our team-mate isn't here yet." The last one to arrive was the person who was late, after all.
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Morote Semoki
Morote Semoki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2010, 21:54

"Sensei?"

"I hope we aren't late..."

The woman just looked over the two, who would like be taller than she in only a few years, with an expression so curious and intrigued that it was hard to say just who was the teacher, and who was the student. Bright teal hair whipped about her face and shoulders like streamers to the breeze until one hand came up to secure it in place - held for just a moment. Her free hand, long fingers and soft gestures came for Rin next, slipping into the hair at the side of her head and dipping behind her ear to gently pull forward the hair that had been tucked there. "Young ladies don't tuck their hair," she reminded, with a gentle tone. "Don't you remember your kunoichi classes?" But there was no word of them being late, as her eyes passed from one pupil to the next in silent examination.

"Masakatsu Hayaki, Isukai Rin, it is my duty to inform you that Kumo Team One has been given the express written consent of the Raikage to continue with training as a three-man unit: two Genin and their Jounin instructor. There will be no third teammate assigned, at this point." She would have stood up straighter if she could, but instead simply curtsied politely. "My name is Morote Semoki, and I find weather fascinating. Insects, too." She turned her eyes to the boy before her.

"Tell me something about yourself that people don't usually know."
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Masakatsu Hayaki
Masakatsu Hayaki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12 2010, 01:29

Hayaki didn't realize how short the woman was until he was standing in front of her, two inches at least. He looked a bit confused at worst, but he was respectfully silent while she talked. It didn't take him long to decide that he did like her, but he was still cautious. He stared at their sensei for a moment when she asked him a question. A few seconds later, he ducked his head to imitate her greeting. He straightened up and as he had bowed he had all the time he needed to think up his answer.

"Something people don't usually know is easy," he said confidently. The bright-eyed genin pulled his sleeve away from his wrist and held his hand in front of him with his palm facing up and his fingers spread out. He concentrated on the two raised fingers he put near his chest. His face was calm when he closed his eyes, but he looked to Semoki-sensei with a wide, almost-goofy grin as electricity crackled around his outstretched hand.

Hayaki dropped his hands to his sides, only to raise them again animatedly to speak with his words. "And I think sleeping is a waste of time!"
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Asukai Rin
Asukai Rin

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13 2010, 06:33

Different from Misamai-san AND Sayu-nee... Rin thought as their new teacher 'fixed' up her hair. It was interesting that she was equal in height to her, but then again, Hotaru had been on the short side as well. The girl resisted the urge to put her hair back in place - her mother tended to do that as well. "I... kind of... well, I'm not good at that sort of stuff." She said honestly as she gave an embarrassed laugh. Rin hadn't done too well in that class because she didn't care about femininity. If she did it again today she expected that she'd put some more effort in, but that was in the past now. If their teacher decided she needed training in that area, however, she'd be willing. She seems nice so far, at least.

It was interesting that the team would only be the two of them. She'd never heard it done before, and hoped that they'd be able to manage. It'd mean they'd have to work even harder - which was what they'd have to do anyway, considering how far they'd fallen behind. Rin couldn't help but smile when Semoki mentioned being fascinated by the weather and insects. They were both things she liked as well. She then asked Hayaki to tell her something about himself. Something people wouldn't usually know.

This'll be good. She thought as he declared it'd be easy to answer. Though, even Rin didn't expect him to focus chakra into his hand to create electricity. It was actually kind of exciting. The build-up was... electrifying, to use a bad pun. Then he said that sleeping's a waste of time.

Rin burst out laughing. "Hayaki-kun, everyone who knows you would be able to guess that one!" She said as she laughed. The boy just couldn't sit still, and was so excitable! The little light show he'd put on made it seem like it'd be something more important and serious than a simple dislike for sleep. Though, that was to be expected from Hayaki - he liked to fool around and put on a show. Probably a good thing that his one and only team-mate found his antics amusing... for the most part, at least.
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Morote Semoki
Morote Semoki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2010, 15:21

"Hehehm, oh my," the lady exclaimed as she watched the sparks dart around and between the two her new pupil's fingers, though she'd already known his elemental alignment from the paperwork she'd been issued. It was more intriguing to see it in action, however, not to mention that she just couldn't have been troubled to read through every last detail and punctuation mark. She nodded in reply, and smiled, though she wouldn't say outright what she thought was more impressive - the boy's energy or the way he could control it, already. It held promise in the Jounin's eyes, either way. "I could agree with you, too. Thank you for sharing." Her eyes then turned to Rin with the same smile, still mothering as most had known her to be from her days teaching in the academy.

Then again, they hadn't begun any serious business just yet.

"And you," she winked, poking one fingertip gently between her eyes. "You have been with Hayaki-kun for so long now, that it would surprise me more if there was something you didn't know about him." Was it even possible? Though, considering the other child's excitable nature, she could have guessed he might say something like that. But she wouldn't ask again. Anything she'd learn from the both of them would be new enough to her, and she was patient enough to wait out the hours and days. "I like to sing to myself when I'm in the onsen, alone." She also had the tendency to either make or bring small floating toys to more easily amuse herself through extra-long, soaking baths. "Tell me something you do when people aren't watching."
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Masakatsu Hayaki
Masakatsu Hayaki

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31 2010, 01:17

[OOC] Sorry for lateness. Short response here... I'll try to keep up.

[IC] Hayaki gave his sensei a wide smile in response before he too turned his attention to his cellmate. He snickered at the more specific question that she was asked before he raised both his hands to either side of his head and imitated covering his ears with an inquiring look on his face. He might normally have been joking but this time, even though his eyes suggested his happiness, he was being sincere. If there was something Rin did know, it was definitely that he did not have ill intentions.
Back to top Go down
Kumogakure
Asukai Rin
Asukai Rin

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02 2010, 07:54

((It's OK - just glad you were able to post Very Happy. And if you can't write long posts, that's fine as well.))

"Well, not that long. Maybe a few months?" Rin said in response to what their new teacher had to say about their relationship. How long has it been? It seems like a lot longer than it really has been, at least... Still, she appreciated her time with Hayaki. He was simple, and annoying sometimes, but he was fun to be around. You got along with him as if it was only natural to be friends with him.

Now it was her turn to answer a question. "What do I do when people aren't watching... hmmm..." The girl thought about how to answer Semoki's question. She wanted to say something interesting, at least."Well, it isn't really something I do when alone, but I happen to be alone when I'm doing it. I like to draw landscapes. It's fun to sit on top of a hill or by a cliff and just draw what you see, without anybody around you." Rin hoped that she'd answered the question alright, since it wasn't exactly what her teacher had asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching Fireflies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Catching Fireflies   Catching Fireflies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Fireflies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Pieces :: Kaminari no Kuni (Thunder Country) :: Shuubi Meadow-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com