Shattered Pieces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shattered Pieces

An AU/Distant Future Naruto RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Like Children

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Konohagakure
Kajiwara Hazuki
Kajiwara Hazuki

Like Children - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Like Children   Like Children - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 04:33

First topic message reminder :

She spun the blade from its looped hanger as she contemplated her next move. Wasn't this supposed to be a basic thing?

Throwing kunai was something taught and emphasized at the academy; after all, precision was important. But today seemed to be something of a failure for Hazuki, and she was glad the section of the training area she was in only contained her. It was sunny, but not too hot, so most people were probably enjoying the weather in better ways. She was out with a pile of kunai mostly because of her guilt of slacking off from training.

Oh, and it showed. She flung the kunai she held towards the wooden post that was set up a fair distance away from where she stood. It whizzed past her intended target and instead landed weakly into a tree behind the figure before falling to the ground where a few other knives were scattered. There were some closer to the post, and two even managed to stay lodged in the wood, albeit not as securely as she'd like.

Hazuki stared at where the kunai landed for a short moment before falling on her hands and knees in exasperation. "I can't even do what academy kids can do," she muttered as she stared at her hands, disheartenment obvious even in her quiet tone. She used to be okay at this, right? Or maybe it wasn't much better...after all, she hadn't been out here in a while. She knew it was stupid to quit, especially now, but her inaccuracies still discouraged her.
Back to top Go down
http://hermionestar.deviantart.com

AuthorMessage
Konohagakure
Kajiwara Hazuki
Kajiwara Hazuki

Like Children - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Like Children   Like Children - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 03:31

She tried her best to at least look calm as she nervously awaited his response. Hazuki wasn't very experienced in doing anything like this, if at all. Her pulse increased when she saw his mouth open, but it gradually slowed to a less panicked pace when there was no outburst. She held in a sigh, thinking that Kurai may believe it to be a negative action, and instead breathed out slowly before drawing in a deep breath before speaking. "That's okay," Hazuki assured him, "you can do whatever you want." It didn't matter to her if he didn't go back to what he used to do because it was his life. She just wanted for him to do something he truly liked, whatever it may be now.

"I don't mind," she told him, mentioning yet again that he shouldn't worry about what he was saying. Hazuki might have said something about how it was even good to talk, but that was very hypocritical of her, who would always try her best so nobody would waste time worrying about her. Sugar coating, as Kurai had said before. She fumbled around for something else to say, but be beat her to it. "Um, sure..." they did sort of eat a little while ago, but something with more substance would be better, anyway.

She found it strange how he seemed to recover fairly quickly -- perhaps he was trying to refocus his emotions already. Or maybe it was the medication? The aspiring medic-nin read about it, but she was never hurt badly enough to experience anything similar. She thought it odd that he had not let go of her hand (and before that, thought it odd that he even held on to it at all), but since he was the one with the grip on her hand, she couldn't let go. Not that she would anyway, considering that she didn't want to upset him any more than he was, despite his new change in mood now. "Well then, let's go get some," Hazuki picked up the bag of snacks he bought before moving towards the marketplace.

Once they arrived, she found a fruit stand and started to examine the watermelons before picking up a one that looked ripe. She paid the owner, took the bag with the large fruit, and began to walk towards her house. "We can go to my house since it's closer, if that's okay," Hazuki said, peering into the window displays of the shops they passed. One of them happened to be a dessert cafe she liked, and she couldn't help herself. "Wait, I want to check this out first..." She stepped in and walked towards the freezer. Excited, she pulled out two packages of the ice cream sandwich she was looking for. "Have you tried this?" Hazuki asked, holding the packages so he could see them better, "it's a vanilla ice cream sandwich with red bean paste. It's shaped like a fish, kinda like taiyaki, but with ice cream. I like it a lot!" She smiled happily at him before going up to the counter to pay for them. "I suppose we'll be having a lot of sweet things today...but there's proper food at my house too, if you want."

With no more shop distractions, they finally got to her house. She unlocked the door, replaced her shoes with house slippers, and moved to the kitchen to wash and cut the watermelon. "Do you still feel warm?" Hazuki asked, washing the fruit, "because we can go outside again if you are."
Back to top Go down
http://hermionestar.deviantart.com

Like Children

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shattered Pieces :: Hi no Kuni (Fire Country) :: Konohagakure :: Education-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com